Over six months - and literally (literally literally, not figuratively literally) 20,000 bits of comment spam - have passed since my last post. So much for my triumphant return to blogging eh? Heck, even my freaking tweets have fallen off.
No need in crying over spilled milk. I'm back for now.
Some fairly big changes have happened since my last post. Primarily my life is a lot saner due to a switch of employers and a little less sane due to a shakeup of volunteer commitments. Overall however, things haven't been better and there is a clear and accessible road to making things even more grand.
The site has been on my mind a lot and when I look at the front page it's hard to not think about shutting it down. Then I log in and see all of the really interesting things that I haven't posted yet and I feel like I can make this thing worth something. So I'm going to make a renewed commitment to four posts per calendar month. These posts might be essay length or just a few sentences but I just want to get content regularly flowing again in a place beyond my Facebook wall which severely limits my ability to express myself.
So here is what I'm thinking content wise.
- Those of you who are RZMCOM long timers remember my drive-by posts where I would comment on 5 or 6 news items every few weeks. Well I basically do that on Facebook now so I'll gather all of my weekly snark and post here for the official record.
- For the last few years I've been doing a lot of volunteer community work in the Atlanta area - primarily around Downtown. I have been careful not to post much about the specific details of this work for numerous reasons but a byproduct of this experience has been the realization of some interesting philosophical observations regarding public policy that I feel like I can share. I plan to do so.
- I plan on writing a lot more art criticism. Music, film, television, whatever floats my boat.
- Politics. What's an election season if you don't lose an ideologue friend or two?
- Technology. Still my first love.
- Work. Not so much the day gig but a few independent ventures that I'm looking to capitalize on.
- And of course my favorite topics: Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
So in other words, I'm trying to get this place back to where it was c. 2007. If I do, cool. If I don't. Cool.
Let's get it started.